1. “That is part of the beauty of all Literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.”
2. “I’m a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t.”
3. “I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside.”
4. “The rest of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
5. “Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat; the redeeming things are not happiness pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle.”
How does literature form a place in your world? Are you a romantic or a sentimental person? Where do you wear you heart? Can you function while holding two opposed ideas, are you capable of holding two opposed ideas? Do you agree with the 5th quote, why or why not?
photo from: acculturated