Well this is fun and certainly brightened up my day! I dug around the internet a bit and found out that The Liebster Award is simply a way for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to get to know each other and discover each others blogs. (thanks lostinthefuzz)
Here are the rules!
Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
My Q & A:
1. Share your favorite quote:
“And when all you’ve got left is being strong, gotta find a little faith to fall back on.” Hunter Hayes
2. Your perfect job is…?
One where I can travel some, make a decent living and still be able to be apart of my family.
3. Tell me about you hobbies:
I write, obviously! I love to read! I do puzzles, sudoku, and I workout. I want to get into kickboxing or something like that and I’d love to try archery! You could say I’m quite the introvert.
4. What music do you like?
I’m pretty big on country and pop. R&B is generally pretty good and Christmas music just deserves its own category!
5. Why did you decide to start your blog?
I decided to start a blog as an outlet for myself to vent, to splurge and just really like an online journal. Though what I love about it is that I can share ideas with people and have interesting conversations, without the pressure of conforming to a certain social etiquette.
6. What is your favorite book/book series?
This is not an easy question! I love all the Sarah Dessen books of course. Ayn Rand is one of my favorite authors as well. One of the best books that I’ve ever read though, which took me 6 months to read, was House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It’s such an excellent story. It’s slow moving but it’s really just fabulous!
7. What is the story behind your blog name?
I’m not quite sure. I have a perfect cartoonish frown but I’d much rather smile. Usually people have a signature smile but not me! And spelling my name funny is just fun. So MelissuhhSmiles happened.
8. You’ve just got to the bar… what do you order?
One of three things. Shirley Temple, Sprite, or water!! I’m not a big fan of alcohol, it tastes like cough medicine!
9. If you won a Million Billion pounds… What would you do with your life?
I’m going to instead turn pounds into dollars and live my life wherever I see fit! Maybe a beach house, maybe a small town. I’d definitely take lots of vacations and save money for the future. And I totally go to school for anything!
10. What is your goal for your blog?
In the beginning it’s just to right for myself, whatever I feel like writing. I’ve expanded this though to making connections and growing reader base. I want to ultimately write books and this is a great way to start.
11. Has your life turned out how you expected it to?
I’ve learned to let go of expectations and allow life to surprise me whether that may be good or bad! Expectations just lead to disappointments and I’d rather not be.
9. was Pownce
10. Den Koziol Art
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and what would you do? Tell me the whole story.
3. What is your favorite movie and book of all time?
4. What is your favorite thing to write/blog about and why?
5. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
6. If you had to choose, what is your biggest life goal at this very moment?
7. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
8. What do you value most in a friendship? Why?
9. The most important question on list: What is your favorite food and why? Describe it in it’s tastiest detail!
10. What does your life say about you?
11. What if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
***(Bonus Question) Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…”